Saturday, September 18, 2021

Illustration from Imagination 2021 - #2 Anatomy

  --- Module 2: Anatomy You Thought You'd Never Understand ---

Since I have 2 characters present in my chosen concept, I did 2 face studies in the early stage for Sherlock and Sir Francis Drake (my versions of course):

I took the photos from a public domain source here:

"Sherlock" - https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-people-office-sitting-8382253/ (and the series)

"Sir Francis Drake" - https://pixabay.com/illustrations/man-guy-old-male-person-handsome-6309464/

Then I focused on Sherlock's head in multiple points of view, also in female, cute, and old versions. I actually enjoyed this exercise! I didn't really intend to make the face of my Sherlock 100% matched the model's, but hope I got the general proportion right.

After that, as the final delivery of this week's module I finalized the outline of my chosen concept. I have 2 favorites out of 6 main ideas, but for now I'm going to develop this one:




***

I joined "Illustration from Imagination" course by Paintable.

The course is project-based, we're "being hired by a client who asks for an illustration" with certain a brief. There are many choices, all  based on public domain stories like "Alice in Wonderland", "Sherlock  Holmes - The Hounds of Baskerville", "Dracula", etc. 

I decided to create one for myself:  it's generally my made up Sherlock story combined with a pirate legend where he's investigating a series of murders related to buried treasures  of Sir Francis Drake ("drake" = "dragon", hence the dragon reference in the picture). The setting should be Sherlock's era a la Guy Ritchie's movies.

But please have mercy on me coz I haven't really did the thorough research yet on Sir Francis Drake etc - this idea came to me quite out of the blue! :XD: This idea somehow just came to me when I first joined IFI back in 2019, and it just sticks, wont let me move on  until I make it real lol.

I just got the spare time now, hope I finally can follow through the course fully until early November!

Constructive comments in all stages are welcome!




0 comments:

Post a Comment