Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Slytherclaw Musings #5: On Criticism and Beyond I


The thing about critique request is..

..it would be really sincere (and working) only when you are on fire:
1. Red light on - you feel genuinely safe, when there's no judgement.. or to be more precise, when judgements don't define your identity, when you know they wont affect your self worth, just simply DON'T MATTER!
2. Orange (and maybe also blue) light on - you feel like playing, overflowing, self-expressing
3. Yellow light on - your power house/generator is running, you feel like expanding, opening up to improvements

Perhaps you've figured out what I'm talking about: the chakras.

Somehow this alignment happened to me lately, and especially today I realized something: I remember feeling the same sense of flow way back when I was taking English conversation course (I'm not a native speaker). I've written about this countless times in my personal journals but still seemingly can't get enough being amazed by how incredible the experience was.

To put it shortly, I was instinctively being really playful. I joined the course for skill but mainly for FUN. Scores didn't matter, I boldly spoke through the whole sessions, had no fear of making mistakes even if I did I was totally open to corrections from the teacher in whatever aspects in which improvements needed. The flow, the sense of play, the spirit of wonder of an amateur!

Feedback Please :D by KillboxGraphics Critiques wanted by prosaix Novice Stamp by J7MiGi 

That's shall be the moment where criticism is involved. When the mind (and heart) is ready, the feedback received would most likely affect the student in a positive instead of negative way.

"But how do I achieve that alignment?" you asked. Hmm.. that, I can't speak for everyone. But creating a physically-emotionally-mentally SAVE environment around regarding whatever your endeavor is should be a great start.

(to be continued)


*
In case you're wondering, yeesss.. the end result of my 'play' in the English Conversation class was an ultimate set of flying colors - the very best of all, oh yeah! B-) Never really concerned about result but got the best instead! How cool is that!

Critique Me by KillboxGraphics



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Deviant Art post: http://fav.me/daf8z38
Original date: Aug 25, 2016


0 comments:

Post a Comment