Sunday, July 19, 2020

Slytherclaw Bites! #6

By all thundering cyclones, typhoons, hurricanes, sharks underwater volcanoes ^%#@!! Didn't expect myself to be this annoyed - writing a journal in Eclipse UI is so much pain!!

. When the internet is down just for a second somehow they removed the last 2-3 characters OF BLOODY EACH AND EVERY PARAGRAPH HECK NO EVERY. SINGLE. END OF A 'LINE'  I've written + THEY REMOVE SOME IMAGES TOO, can't save properly! - HAPPENING BLOODY RIGHT NOW TOO!! SUPER MOST ANNOYING!!!
. No preview function.
. No autosave function..?
. Can't add non-standard emoticons between texts, must be in an entirely new line.
. No option to make the text smaller (subscript).
. HELLLLLL NO SEARCH FUNCTION in the journal / Post section AT ALLLLLL???!! - MOST ANNOYING!!
. No option to view journals in 100% LIST mode like in the old DA!! - ALSO MOST ANNOYING!

I've got 250+ logs of mah EPIC 'adventures' here in DA & beyond and the list mode had been extremely helpful whenever I want to find a specific entry and very useful for linking and organization - now I just realized I had taken that for granted WAAAAARRRGH..!!
Maybe it wouldn't be as frustrating if they at least include a search function but NOOO they didn't bother apparently!

Maybe it's a deliberate move? Maybe it's because they want to make DA's function super focused in art?
But then maybe I'd just move to Art Station?
Maybe I'm overreacting but having experienced the old wonder of amazing degree of freedom when it comes to journaling in DA as well as submitting art, this is absolutely a LET DOWN!

:iconfacepalmplz: :icondoublefacepalmplz: :icontriplefacepalmplz:

GODDDD.. now I'm gonna need to take note of all my journal links (and maybe art submissions too as well 'coz there's still no page number system in the gallery??!) 'coz I don't want my epic logs (AND artworks!) DROWNING in the depth of DA's current messy organizing system abyss!!

Art Process - 'Beast of the Bottomless Pit' was the first journal I wrote using Eclipse interface and I had to write it all first in Blogger before copying the texts & pics one by one to DA journal to avoid further frustration.

My experience with Blogger is awesome, no nuisance at all except the preview button doesn't work when you're in the editor (gotta click it via the dashboard).

So my dear beautiful watchers & curious visitors if you're interested reading this artist-philosopher-pirate's rants I shall write my logs in Blogger more and more. You can follow the updates via my Facebook profile.

If you're only interested in my Artist's side, the alternative is my Black Clover Creations' Blogger blog and you can follow the posts via its own Facebook page though there are still many things to update..

I do hope they're still improving the Eclipse journal's features but why am I feeling pessimistic this time? Hope it's not a valid hunch..







* * *

Deviant Art post:
Slytherclaw Bites! #6
Original date: July 18, 2020

0 comments:

Post a Comment